Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mary Kay Speaks!




Vili announces that he's accepted a role in the sequel to "Dude, Where's My Car?"

This is an interview conducted by Dateline's resident arrogant asshole, Josh Mankiewicz, with Mary Kay and her current husband and former boy-toy, Vili Fualaau. Gee, she sure sounds remorseful, doesn't she? The interview was conducted in June of 2006. Enjoy trying not to throw up.

On the possibility of having another child:

Josh Mankiewicz: You guys gonna have another baby?

Vili Fualaau: Trying to. (Vili's a man of few words.)

Mary Kay Letourneau: Everybody hopes. Yeah.

Not me. I hope an anvil falls on your head, Mary Kay.

Her hopes to return to teaching:

Mary Kay Letourneau: I’m thinking about teaching English as a second language...or math. Turns out I have a serious passion for mathematics.

As well as 13 year-old boys.

Mankiewicz: Can you become a teacher again?

Letourneau: Well, I am a teacher, I just don’t have my Washington state license anymore. I still have a degree in teaching. And I was teaching at the prison...I can’t teach at public school in Washington because I’ve lost that, just that certificate...If I choose to, I can, I’m interested in teaching algebra at the community college.

Under her logic, I'm an astronaut.

Mankiewicz: You can’t teach at a public grade school.

Letourneau: I could at a private school, though.

Good luck with THAT!

Vili’s pursuit of Mary when he was in her sixth grade class:

Vili "Lounge Lizard" Fualaau: I wasn’t gonna stop...I wanted her. So I wasn’t gonna stop.

Come on baby, do the locooooooooo-motionnnnnnn!

Mankiewicz: ...And you were attracted to him?

Letourneau: ...we really got along well. And I was trying to leave it at a level of like, “Gee I really think you’re great.” You know—and—I liked all of my students. But they didn’t come at me like but there was something different though...we had a chemistry...and the way our heads worked.

"So I decided to rape him."

Mankiewicz: Back when this first broke in the headlines I think lots of people understand how a 13-year-old would get a crush on his teacher. I think what people didn’t understand—and the question everybody was asking then, and that I’m gonna now ask you is: How does a 34 year old woman fall for a 13 year old boy?

Letourneau: Well he’s quite the man, and was back then actually.

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!

Her secret messages, violating her no contact order:

Letourneau: I had on every one of them I had a code. And we had a pretty sophisticated number code from years before... 104 was “I love you.” And if I wasn’t feeling good, or if something was going wrong there was another one...And then I would write names of songs down...or it was a song that we had shared.

Mankiewicz: What was it like to get the shipments of Mary’s breast milk out of the prison and realize in there was a little secret message for you?

"More Ovaltine, please!"

Fualaau: I think every time I seen one, every time I opened the freezer and I seen all these bags of her breast milk with the numbers on it, it just made me feel really, really good, really happy about it.

"Especially with the rising cost of dairy products these days."

On raising their children:

Letourneau: I mean, I just love to sit back and watch him with our girls. Even how he interacts with my older children...and how he takes care of our girls, but part of why we are together, is the way we both see just people in general. And, so that extends to my children. He’s an amazing father.

"Even better than when he was playing shortstop in Little League!"

What she tells her daughters about her prison term:

Letourneau: I remind them about that every time they break a rule. And have to have a time out. So, “Remember, you know, mommy broke a rule. Mommy had to do a time out. You only have to do three minutes. But you be careful. You have to follow rules.”

"Mommy raped Daddy."

No comments: